Zhaun Ahmed not the first businessman kidnapped recently
Share this article:
Cape Town - Woodstock police are seeking the assistance of the public in tracing the whereabouts of 71-year-old businessman Zhaun Ahmed, who was allegedly kidnapped by three unknown males in front of his business on Tuesday night at about 5.40pm.
According to information, the victim and his driver were busy loading his vehicle, when a double cab bakkie pulled up behind them. Three men threatened the victim with a firearm and forced him into their bakkie and drove off in the direction of Victoria Road, Woodstock.
He's not the first prominent businessman to be kidnapped recently.
Mustapha Goolam, was the second member of the Bangladesh, Indian and Pakistani (BIP) community to be kidnapped between November and December 2016. He said he survived on water for 48 hours after his captors offered him pork to eat. Goolam, said he was Muslim and refused to give in to the taunts of his abductors.
Wealthy Cape Town businessman, Naushad Khan, who was allegedly kidnapped last year, had also been found alive, but there was a level of secrecy regarding his disappearance.
In September last year, Bangladeshi business owners said they are being targeted by a syndicate, following the kidnapping of Nazrul Islam, and Mahabub Rahman. Their kidnappers demanded ransoms of R800 000 and R4 million respectively.