RDM representatives visited each of the eight families affected to offer support and pray with them.
The prayers continued yesterday, as the company collaborated with 24 churches in the Macassar area to dedicate their Sunday services to mourning the community's loss.
Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan visited the site on Friday.
RDM chief executive Norbert Schulze said: “During this time we all draw strength from each other.”
Schulze said RDM would continue to issue daily updates to the community and the media, but only release the names of the dead once the identification process had been concluded and consultations with the individual affected families done.
The building where the eight people were killed is one of five in the propellant production process for 155mm artillery shells, according to Schulze.
He added that the 400 buildings at the Macassar factory were all contained by blast walls to prevent an explosion in one from causing a chain reaction.
State Security Minister Dipuo Letsatsi-Duba visited the plant last week and met the families of those killed. She said the outcome of the investigation into the incident would take time and appealed to the media to respect the families and not interact with them.