Charnelle McCrawl File photo: INLSA

Cape Town - The two men accused of the murder and rape of 10-year-old Charnelle McCrawl, will appear via camera correspondence in the Wynberg Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

Carlo de Kock, Charnelle's uncle and Stanton Mano are currently in custody at Pollsmoor Prison.

Charnelle was found at a wetlands in Manenberg on October 21 last year - a day after being reported missing.


The duo previously applied for bail but this was denied as magistrate Goolam Bawa said the acts  were “barbaric”.

The state also indicated they would be revisiting two sexual assault cases against De Kock.

Magistrate Goolam Bawa said: ““The accused (De Kock) has two previous convictions related to theft and drugs. He was also previously charged on two occasions for sexual assault on his own daughter. These cases were withdrawn and will now be revisited.”

It was also confirmed that De Kock’s wife would be a state witness in the case.

Charnelle was found wrapped in a plastic bag and a curtain. DNA testing revealed semen traces found on her pants.

At the previous court appearance, the State detailed that both accused were watching pornographic videos the day of Charnelle’s disappearance. The material has been seized by the police as part of the ongoing investigation.

[email protected]