Cape Town - The time has once again come to honour the best teachers in the Western Cape.
Western Cape teachers have been encouraged to participate in the 2022 National Teaching Awards.
Nominations for the 2022 National Teaching Awards are now open and close on July 26 2022.
“The awards give us an opportunity to recognise the incredible work that so many of our teachers have done over the past year, and to celebrate the achievements of outstanding teachers in the Western Cape,” Education MEC David Maynier said.
“Our Provincial Teaching Awards will take place during September, with the winners in each category going on to be our nominees for the National Teaching Awards scheduled for October.
“Last year, the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) was extremely proud to have nine of our 14 nominees placed in the top three nationally, and we are looking forward to seeing the calibre of our province’s teachers recognised in this year’s edition.”
All teachers, governing bodies, and district officials are invited to submit nominations to their principals or centre managers.
A minute has been sent to all schools with the relevant criteria and forms, and all the information needed for nominations is also available on the WCED website:
Teachers may be nominated in the following 13 categories:
- Excellence in Grade R Teaching
- Excellence in Primary School Teaching (Grades 1–7)
- Excellence in Primary School Leadership
- Excellence in Secondary School Teaching (Grades 8–12)
- Excellence in Secondary School Leadership
- Excellence in Special Needs Teaching
- Excellence in Special Needs School Leadership
- Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (GET)
- Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (FET)
- Excellence in Teaching Natural Sciences
- Excellence in Teaching Physical Sciences
- Excellence in Technology – Enhanced, Teaching and Learning
- Kader Asmal Lifetime Achievement Award