Independent Online

Monday, August 15, 2022

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView weather by locationView market indicators

WATCH: Katlego Maboe ‘overwhelmed with messages of support’ on his return as Expresso host

Katlego Maboe

Katlego Maboe

Published Aug 4, 2022

Share

Cape Town - TV Presenter Katlego Maboe says he is overwhelmed with messages of support following news that he will be returning as a presenter to the Expresso Morning show next Monday.

The 35-year-old was suspended from the show and dropped by an insurance company’s advertisements after his now ex-girlfriend, Monique Muller, accused him of abuse in 2020.

Story continues below Advertisement

Monique had claimed that the presenter had abused her, cheated on her and infected her with an STI.

A two-year-long legal battle between Muller and Maboe was dismissed in court earlier this year.

“There was an initial phase that completely took the wind from my sails and I couldn’t see my future in any positive manner,” Maboe said of the ordeal.

Story continues below Advertisement

He said over the past two years he has taken time to reflect, be grateful and move forward.

“I have allowed myself to look back, accept and love myself despite my shortcomings and most importantly find things to be grateful for and understand that everyday represents a new start.

“Over time I’ve realised that fear was crippling me and that I had a choice to make. I chose to continue living, to look up and trust that God still had a plan for me. My priority has been to ensure that I actively work at being the best father I can be to my son, and do all I can to find stability for him while trying to put the pieces of my life back together from every aspect that I could fathom at the time.

Story continues below Advertisement

“I am very grateful to everyone who has shown such immense positivity and love - even that doesn’t quite capture it. There have been so many who have been supporting me on this journey and to see that joy multiplied in such a real way is incredibly humbling,” he said.

S3 and Cardova TV confirmed on Tuesday that the television host will be making a ‘highly anticipated return’.

“After a protracted legal process, the courts absolved Maboe against these allegations in January 2022. On his big return next Monday, Katlego will be in conversation with Graeme Richards in what promises to be an emotional sit-down as Katlego unpacks the challenging journey he has been on over the past two years and how he got back to himself.”

Story continues below Advertisement

Cape Times

Related Topics:

Celebrity Gossip

Share