The residents have been embroiled in a long-standing battle with eThekwini Municipality and First Metro Housing.
It has been about six months since more than 60 people were evicted from their government-owned units.
The evictions were characterised by running battles involving the residents, police and a security company that carried out the evictions.
Angry residents burned tyres and littered the road with rocks and debris.
Sibusiso Donda, who was part of the team that included the provincial government, NRRTT and politicians, said they had been delayed because of logistical reasons as they needed to get all the members of the committee together.
Donda said they also needed First Metro Housing’s side of the story and then they would report back to the community.
He also warned that it did not mean the report-back would be favourable to residents.
The report-back was expected on Friday.
The residents have been embroiled in a battle with First Metro for more than 10 years.
First Metro was mandated by the municipality to build and maintain houses.
Residents argued that they were the rightful owners of the houses because they were told they would get them on a rent-to-own basis.
Residents were, however, evicted after they failed to pay rent and had been involved in numerous court cases.