Condolences from the community of Sydenham flooded social media on Tuesday as news that the body of a young boy, discovered in a shallow grave in Phoenix was that of missing schoolboy, Miguel Louw. Picture: Facebook.

Durban - Condolences from the Sydenham community flooded social media on Tuesday as news that the body discovered in a shallow grave in Phoenix was that of missing schoolboy Miguel Louw.

Police and private security guards chasing armed robbers through a bush in Phoenix on Monday stumbled across the body of a young boy by chance.

While police have not yet officially confirmed that the body is Miguel, several people close the family and relatives took to social media to confirm the news that nobody wanted to hear.

"Rest in peace my nephew," wrote Kevin Louw on his Facebook page.

Several friends responded with messages of condolences.

"This is so heartbreaking. I just cannot understand....such evil towards an innocent soul," wrote Auriel Abbott  

"Our kids are not safe. RIP Miguel. My sincere condolences to you Kevin and the family," she said.

Thesan Maistry said: "Condolences to (you) and the family Louw, be strong my brother".

Bianca Clarke added, "Condolences to the family. May God be your strength during this time of grief and mourning. Stay strong".

Miguel went missing on July 17 shortly after leaving his school in Rippon Road, Sydenham. 

He was last seen on the day in the presence of Mohammed Ebrahim who last week was granted R2500 bail in the Durban Magistrate's Court in connection with his abduction.

Detectives tied Ebrahim to Miguel after CCTV footage taken from a KFC in the area showed them together buying a meal.

Ebrahim was found in possession of Miguel's birth certificate and his mother’s identity document.

Although being granted bail, Ebrahim has not been able to post bail and he remains behind bars in Westville Prison.

Daily News