Durban - Ruan Botha, captain of the Cell C Sharks Currie Cup squad will lead his men at Growthpoint KINGS PARK Stadium on Saturday when they face DHL Western Province in the Currie Cup final.
Botha has already led the team to achieve 10 consecutive victories in the Currie Cup, losing only to the Toyota Free State Cheetahs in their opening match and DHL Western Province in their last match in the pool stage.
But how well do you know the man who has led the Sharks to the Currie Cup final?
Here are nine things you may not have known:
1. He was born in Brakpan in Gauteng.
2. He plays lock.
3. He is 2.05 metres tall. So he’s a giant next to all the short Durbanites.
4. Botha weighs 118kg, which is nearly three times what our shortest journalist weighs.
5. He played for the Lions as a junior (U19 and U21 level).
6. During his time in Johannesburg, Botha played in the Vodacom Cup, Super Rugby and the ABSA Currie Cup.
7. He was also part of the South Africa U20 which won the 2012 IRB Junior World Championship.
8. Botha has also played for teams like Western Province and the Stormers, where he gained Currie Cup and Super Rugby experience. Which he brought over to the Sharks, seeing that they are in the final and everything.
9. He recently became a daddy.