Fashion designers create an impact with skin toned clothes and shoes, writes Nontando Mposo
Nude or neutral colour clothing, ranging from brown to cream, camel, beige and everything in between, is currently a big trend in the fashion world.
From clothing to make-up that caters for all types of skin tones, more and more women are asking retailers recognise that beauty comes in several shades as well as sizes.
Earlier this year, luxury French shoe and bag brand, Christian Louboutin made waves with its nudes collection of pointed toe ballerina flats.
Named Solasofia, the collection includes five shades of nude colours that are a likely match for different skin tones. Since then, more fashion houses have followed suit.
At home a proudly South African swimwear brand, Nudewear recently launched a swimwear collection that celebrates diversity and body-positivity.
Produced in Cape Town and sold online, the collection features a range of skin-tone swimwear pieces, chosen specifically to represent the miscellany of South African women.
The swimwear is designed to provide comfort and support with adjustable straps and minimal hardware for a seamless bikini fit for every body type.
Dos and don'ts of wearing nude ensemble
An all nude outfit such as the ensemble worn by Australian fashion blogger Micah Gianneli is clean, refined and elegant. Here are some dos and don’ts when wearing nude colours.
● The power of neutral colours is that this palette of military green, brown, cream, camel and beige work well together. Don’t be afraid to mix and match the different hues.
● Don’t wear bright underwear with your nude colours as it’s likely the coloured underwear will show through the flesh-coloured clothing.
● Don’t be afraid to glamourise your look by mixing textures in nude colours, such as wool and lace for a classy finish.
● Don’t be afraid to go for a head-to-toe nude look… nude coloured heels and sneakers will complement your muted outfit.
● Do spice up your look by showing bits of flesh as well. Wear a cropped top, or an off-the-shoulder dress or top for a sexy look.
● Instagram: @nudewearsa
For more details:
● Instagram: @theshowspace
● Facebook: Theshowspace