New prosecutor assigned to KZN 'terror' case
Durban - The 12 men linked to a spate of bomb attacks in and around Durban lined up in the Verulam Family Court earlier today.
State Advocate Torie Pretorius has been assigned to the case.
At the last court appearance the NPA said specialist state prosecutor Adele Barnard had been removed because of jurisdiction issues in an effort to streamline the units.
According to NPA spokesperson Natasha Ramkisson - Kara the matter was adjourned to June 10 when Farhad Hoomer's voice samples will be presented to court.
Hoomer is alleged to be the group's Kingpin and is currently out on R200 000 bail.
"All the accused will appear back in court on July 22 for further investigation," said Ramkisson - Kara.
The suspects are allegedly linked to a spate of bomb scares in and around Durban between May and July and the attack on the Imam Hussein Mosque in Verulam where Abbas Essop was killed in May 2018.
All 12 are out on bail and face charges of including terrorism, murder, attempted murder, extortion, kidnapping, contravention of the Explosive Act and arson.