The Sea Rescue exercise held in Hout Bay today, as part of the NSRI and Emergency Services 2010 World Cup Soccer preparedness, went off without incident.Picture Mathieu Denois

Police are still searching for a spearfisherman who went missing at sea off Richards Bay.

Hilton Grove, 31, had been fishing with boat owner and skipper Koos Joubert, 63, his son, Jacque-Pier, 22, and crewman Martin Bosman, 33, on Saturday when he failed to surface from a dive.

Hilton and his wife Lisa, who are from Port Elizabeth, had been visiting friends in Richards Bay for the weekend when the incident occurred.

A search by various rescue units has been continuing for the past three days, but without success.

Provincial police spokesman Colonel Jay Naicker said the search would continue until the authorities had exhausted all reasonable options.

“However, local police would check for anything that washes ashore. Detectives would also investigate reports of any sightings,” he said.

– Daily News Reporter