Durban - Police will look at the possibility of taking DNA samples from the parents of Miguel Louw to confirm if the body found in a shallow grave in Phoenix is that of the missing Durban schoolboy.
In addition, detectives are expected to make a decision soon on whether to charge the man last seen with the nine-year-old with murder.
Miguel went missing on July 17 shortly after leaving his school in Rippon Road, Sydenham.
He was last seen on the day in the presence of Mohammed Ebrahim who last week was granted R2500 bail in the Durban Magistrate's Court in connection with his abduction.
Detectives tied Ebrahim to Miguel after CCTV footage taken from a KFC in the area showed them together buying a meal.
Ebrahim was found in possession of Miguel's birth certificate and his mother’s identity document.
Although being granted bail, Ebrahim has not been able to post bail and he remains behind bars in Westville Prison.
Speaking to journalists near the scene where the body of the young boy was found police spokesperson, Colonel Thembeka Mbele, said investigations were at a sensitive stage.
A murder charge will be registered soon she said and investigations would be ramped up on Tuesday morning.
Mbele said that Miguel's family would be allowed to identify the body.
Several of Miguel's relatives went to the scene where the body was discovered on Monday where his aunt was seen being consoled.
The detectives assigned to his abduction case were also at the scene as well as State prosecutors, police sources close to the case told the Daily News.
Police also confirmed on Monday that "the suspect still in custody" lived close by to where Miguel's body was found.