Looking for a career in brand management? Here are some pointers to consider
Share this article:
“Effective brand management enables the price of products to go up and builds loyal customers through positive brand associations and images or a strong awareness of the brand.” – Investopedia
Some simple things about what makes a brands tick and grow are:
- Brands can be anything from products to services, countries and even people.
- Creating positive associations with a brand is a part of the brand manager’s role.
- One quick way to create awareness for a brand may be to get a celebrity or an influencer to talk about the product/event.
- The reputation enjoyed by your brand is important and needs to be nurtured.
- Events may also help build brands, and sponsor events too.
The key points you need to consider if you want a career in brand management are:
- A creative yet result-oriented mind is a prerequisite. Making an agency understand your objective is part of your job.
- Familiarity with digital media is important, given that many customers increasingly use digital media. Ideally, a brand should use a mix of both traditional and digital.
- Building a brand is a long-term process. Your purpose as a brand manager is to have positive associations with customers and bring in a loyalty bonus for organisations that own them.
Lastly, opportunities for an enthusiastic brand manager lie in multiple industries, including products and services of all types.