Mzansi congratulates Anatii on his Soul Train award
Local rapper Anatii won the Ashford and Simpson Songwriter’s Award at the Soul Train Awards show for his contribution to "Brown Skin Girl" by Beyoncé.
Fellow African Wizkid also shares the award with the "Wena" rapper along with other contributors including Jay Z and the Queen Bey.
Taking to social media, fans and fellow artists congratulated Anatii on his award including Busiswa, Sjava and Tresor.
Anatii won a soul train award? Well. pic.twitter.com/IJkmgajNro— uhuru (@NotYetUhuru_) November 18, 2019
The awards show was hosted by Tisha Campbell & Tichina Arnold and the duo had a "Pose" inspired opening number with House of Evangelista mother M.J. Rodriguez making a guest appearance.
Performances on the night included Luke James, K. Michelle, SiR featuring "Rhythm + Flow" winner D Smoke, Queen Naija, Boyz II Men, Yolanda Adams and many more.
See the full winners list here:
- Best New Artist – Summer Walker
- Soul Train Certified Award – Trevor Jackson
- Best Gospel/Inspirational Award – Kirk Franklin
- Rhythm & Bars Award – "Money", Cardi B
- Best R&B/Soul Female Artist – H.E.R.
- Best R&B/Soul Male Artist – Khalid
- Album/Mixtape of the Year – "Cuz I Love You", Lizzo
- Song of the Year – "No Guidance", Chris Brown feat. Drake
- The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award – Brown Skin Girl, written by Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, Carlos St. John, Adio Marchant, Shawn Carter, Stacy Barthe, Anathi Mnyango, Michael Uzowuru, Ayodeji Balogun and Richard Isong
- Best Dance Performance – "No Guidance", Chris Brown feat. Drake
- Video of the Year – "Juice", Lizzo
- Best Collaboration Performance – "No Guidance", Chris Brown feat. Drake
The 2019 Soul Train Awards aired on Sunday in the US and will be airing locally on Monday night on BET Africa (channel 129) at 8pm.