Local rapper Gigi Lamayne has started this year off on the bad side of Black Twitter after posting a picture from the 'Isaga Lam' music video.
Since leaving Mabala Noise, the 'Is'gubhu' rapper has been having a tough time in the public eye with many fans blaming her team for pushing a persona on her that feels forced.
The past Sunday Lamayne posted a picture of herself laying on a dirty floor with money scattered around her.
The rapper looked visibly uncomfortable and when tweeples started dragging her, Lamayne deleted the post.
I'm worried about Gigi Lamayne pic.twitter.com/fUIG4pdh9r
Who is going to save Gigi Lamayne from herself? pic.twitter.com/2r1Iv80iYS
why do u look so awkward....... Constipated maybe😕😕???
Gigi Lamayne needs an intervention pic.twitter.com/iOEniqPaI8
One of the many people who commented on the picture was CapeTalk 702 presenter Gugulethu Mhlungu, who pointed out that there were cockroaches on the floor.
Lamayne didn't take kindly to these comments and clapped back in a series of tweets to Mhlungu.
In the tweets, the rapper brought up the 'Bonang: From A to B' first edition scandal with Mhlungu being in charge of the copy editing of the book which gained much criticism from the public.
1. No you see now, I’m being taken for a p***. I’m being too nice. I’m not gonna say anything to any troll outchea. It ain’t worth it Mara wena @GugsM Auntiza wanyela!
2. @GugsM Phela Aunty wena udume ngo @bonang_m . Don’t get it twisted. You outchea posting and preaching feminism? Njani when you’re dragging other women? You see why people feel how they feel ngawe? I saw your post phela. You shouldn’t have deleted it. Show your true colors!
3. Aunty @GugsM How you gonnna analyze imaginary cockroaches in our pics when your English itself was imaginary for the first edition? That time some of us defended you ?
5. I was taught to respect my elders. Kodwa wena Aunty?! @GugsM . You can block me and all these kids trolling you! What you did was wrong.
6. Here @GugsM . I graduated in this. Don’t ever try me. I can change my dress sense in a minute but YOU need eons to perfect your craft . Don’t ever “think that I thought that you thought”. 😊 pic.twitter.com/VgQFsITVTB
Mhlungu then quickly corrected Lamayne on some of her claims and started dragging Lamayne for her tweets.
You have no business dragging anyone's craft, not wena dali. Inkinga zakho ziningi zigcwele ibala, like sweeping your fucking floors before coming for me. https://t.co/yOWKLiAh5j
Noma ungangibiza griza your floor was filthy, take that up with your team and God or be/get better set management. Uhlulwa abantu that were dragging your looks and your bars and tagging you, uzofundekela mina. Ngixege sketi. https://t.co/RlRPkdiYyd