Anni Dewani, 28, who was attacked and killed whilst on holiday in South Africa with her millionaire husband Shrien Dewani.

London - The family of murdered Anni Dewani have vowed to continue their fight for answers after a coroner ruled on Friday in London that there will not be a full inquest into her death.

According to the Mail Online, the family of the newly-wed, who was murdered in Cape Town on her honeymoon in South Africa with her husband Shrien Dewani in 2010, had hoped that a hearing would allow questions to be asked of Dewani, who was cleared of killing her in the Western Cape High Court last year.

However, on Friday the coroner in London said there was not “sufficient cause” to resume an inquest.

After Anni was shot dead three men – Zola Tongo, Mziwamadoda Qwabe and Xolile Mngeni – were jailed for the crime.

They claimed her husband had arranged the hijacking and murder.

But Deputy Judge President Jeanette Traverso threw out the case against Shrien, saying it was “riddled with inconsistencies”.

He was acquitted in December last year without having to give evidence.

Speaking outside the hearing on Friday, Anni’s uncle Ashok Hindocha said the dead woman’s father Vinod Hindocha and the rest of the family needed questions answered to allow them “to move on with our lives”.

 

Vinod Hindocha said they had a few more options which they were going to look at, but that the battle was not over and that they would continue fighting until they got answers.

Asked about a letter from Shrien, who was not present on Friday, Vinod Hindocha said: “It is basically ‘I don’t need to be here, so I’m not going to’.”

 

He said this was the first time the family had heard from Shrien since his wife’s funeral.

Independent Media