Durban - It is Mandela Month and organisations and individuals are gearing up for their 67 Minutes for Mandela on July 18.
With so many causes and organisations in need, it is sometimes a challenge for people to work out where their skills or effort can best be put to use on the day. People care, and want to make a difference, but often don't know where to start.
Be The Change hopes to assist by connecting organisations that need help with people who want to get involved and make a difference in the country and the world. The vision is to harness the collective energy of all South Africans - young and old - who believe that change is possible, to collectively change our world for the better.
If your not for profit organisation wants to be featured in the group, all you have to do is post a short write up on the organisation and one of your volunteers. Your write up needs to be 300 to 350 words and you can share details of any events that you have planned for Mandela Month, including your plans for 18 July. You are welcome to post videos and pictures of your organisations and volunteers on this page.
Be The Change is a long-term project to grow a community of volunteers who love their country and all those who live in it. Be The Change objectives are to:
- Create a forum for people who want to make a difference in the world to share issues and campaigns that meaningfully change our world for the better.
- Connect not for profit organisations with sponsors and volunteers.
- Influence a better and more caring society by sharing content that shows how people are changing the world for the better.
- Shed light on projects in need of support and help.
- Encourage companies and sponsors to support organisations in need as part of their Corporate Social Investment.