'I went all the way to Magaliesburg not expecting much and found my soul mate'
This February, IOL is spreading the love with our #MyHeart competition where we are asking readers to send a shout out to their loved ones to stand a chance of winning some amazing prizes.
Whether it's the love of your life, your BFF, your dog, your cat, your mom, your boss or your second-removed cousin on your grandmother's side, we want to know why you appreciate them so much.
Here's one of our winning entries from loudmouth4209, who has won a Sunstar GUM #FreshBreathCheck kit.
I was lost, 24 years old and no direction. Then I met my wife, Nicky. Went all the way to Magaliesburg not expecting much and finding my soul mate. Two hours into meeting her I said "I'm gonna marry you" she laughed, I laughed. 15 years later we are still together. Through losing loved ones, losing our house, starting from scratch, and. Then scratch again. We have persevered. We have a saying in our household: "We survive and we thrive" and no matter how bad it gets or how bad the situation is, I can always look to my right and there she is, making me be a better person every day. Challenging me to do better, be better. Strive for better. I would not be half the man that I am today without my wife by my side. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
How to enter IOL's #MyHeart competition:
Send an email to [email protected] with a shout out to a very special someone in your life (minimum 150 words). Or send us a message or a video via Whatsapp to 0745573535.
Winners of this prize will be notified by March 6.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, so please send us your contact details with your entry.
- Selected story entries, pictures and videos will be published on iol.co.za and our social media pages.
- The winners' names will be published on our website and social media pages.
- Competitions are only open to people residing in South Africa.
- Employees of Independent Media, the sponsors & their agents, or any company associated with the competition & their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
- The entrant accepts that entry to the competition does not constitute a contract or any form of legal commitment between the entrant and IOL.