'My Heart, my husband gives the best hugs'
IOL is spreading the love with our #MyHeart competition where we are asking readers to send a shout out to their loved ones to stand a chance of winning some amazing prizes.
Whether it's the love of your life, your BFF, your dog, your cat, your mom, your boss or your second-removed cousin on your grandmother's side, we want to know why you appreciate them so much.
Here's one of our winning entries from Sara Essop, who has won a personalised canvas print voucher from RNA Print Cloud.
My husband and I met at university. We started studying in the same year but only began spending time with each other in our third and final year – on the pretext of discussing our studies. We found that we had much in common and that’s when we realised that “This is Love”. We got engaged at the end of that year and married 4 months later. We are now married for almost 21 years and have two beautiful children.
My husband supports me and inspires me to achieve more. He has helped me to accomplish everything I have achieved to date. He is a part of me - my soulmate. He is there for me when I need him, is a great listener when I need him to be and most of all gives the best hugs! #MyHeart
Read more #MyHeart stories here.
How to enter IOL's #MyHeart competition:
Send an email to [email protected] with a shout out to a very special someone in your life (minimum 150 words). Or send us a message or a video via Whatsapp to 0745573535.
Winners of this prize will be notified by March 6.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, so please send us your contact details with your entry.
- Selected story entries, pictures and videos will be published on iol.co.za and our social media pages.
- The winners' names will be published on our website and social media pages.
- Competitions are only open to people residing in South Africa.
- Employees of Independent Media, the sponsors & their agents, or any company associated with the competition & their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
- The entrant accepts that entry to the competition does not constitute a contract or any form of legal commitment between the entrant and IOL.