- 1 cup cooking salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup hot water
- Food colouring
- Mix together salt and flour, gradually add the hot water combined with food colouring.
- Mix into a dough consistency and then knead the until smooth.
- Divide the dough into small rock shapes, make them roughly the same thickness and size so that they bake evenly.
- Gather some toys that can be pressed into form your fossils (plastic animals & dinosaurs feet and body parts work well).
- The salt dough can be air dried but for a better quicker result bake it slowly on low heat until rock hard at 120 degrees for an-hour-and-a-half depending on the size of your fossils.
Spend the day drawing and painting, getting your child revved up for an at-home art exhibition. Once all the art is done, use pegs and twine (tied at two secure points at either end of a room) to display all the beautiful art. Invite family over to view the art or bid on pieces of art they’d like to take home.