The summer season is here and what better way to cool off during the warm summer months than with a cool and refreshing rum based summer drink?
We've asked Beverage Experts at House of Angostura to share some of the rum drinks that can be enjoyed during the hot days.
Below are three rum drinks to have this summer
An exotic burst of tropical flavours, the rum punch is a refreshing drink enjoyed amongst friends and is an ideal summer teaser)
- 90ml white rum
- 45ml fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 dash Angostura orange bitters
- 4 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain into an ice-filled highball or Collins glass.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg, lime wedges and maraschino wedges
One of the easiest, most refreshing drinks to make. It’s a sweet, classic cocktail with a burst of citrus flavour
- 60ml white rum
- 22ml fresh lime juice
- 44ml syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- Shake all ingredients together in an ice-filled shaker and strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Zesty, with a hint of tang - this tropical refresher brings summer time to any occasion with its lively medley of dark rum and fruits
- 75ml dark rum
- 30ml orange liqueur
- 15ml lime juice
- 30ml pineapple juice
- 7ml almond syrup
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- 1 dash vanilla/maple syrup
- Shake all ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.