5 baking hacks that will make you look like a pro this #WorldBakingDay
Baking can be fun - but it can also be very time consuming and messy.
So why not make life simpler with these totally legit baking shortcuts and swap-outs?
Speaking to pastry chef, Carmen Eksteen of Carmen Eksteen Patisseries, these are her best baking hacks to ensure everything you bake is top notch, practical and more easier.
- Wrap your cakes in cling film: This helps the cake to be more moist.
- Make your own baking powder: When you don't have baking powder at home you can make your own by mixing one teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with two teaspoons of cream of tartar
- When stacking your cake put it in your freezer for ten minutes. This will allow the cake to set quick and give you a much steadier cake when it comes to icing.
- It is important to use room temperature eggs when it comes to baking as it prevents batter from splitting. To do so, add your egg to a bowl of hot water for five to ten minutes.
- Always use parchment paper in your cake tins. This helps prevent the cakes from sticking to the bottom of the tin.