Chocolate Velvet Cake
The worlds most deliciously decadent cake, I promise and you all you do is add everything into one bowl and mix. This cake is perfectly enjoyed with a cup of tea with someone special for a catch up.
- 250 g Butter (softened)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups plain flour
- 180 ml cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 500ml sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 60 g butter
- ½ cup (icing sugar (sifted)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Fresh berries
- 250g mascarpone
- 250ml cream
- Drop of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced
- Line your cake pan with Glad Bake & Cooking Paper
- In a large bowl sieve all dry ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix on a low speed with an electric mixer till ingredients have combined.
- Increase speed and mix for 3 min or until mixture is smooth smooth.
- Spread your mixtures into your pan.
- Bake cake for 40 min.
- Allow to stand for 10 min before turning out into a wire rack, remove Glad baking & cooking paper and allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients into your saucepan on a low heat.
- Cook and stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into small bowl and allow to cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until glaze is spreadable
- Mix all ingredients together and set a side in the fridge untill you ready.
- Sandwich cake layers with the decadent filling and top with Glaze and berries.
Claire Allen has developed various brands that have positioned her as one of the country’s most promising food entertainers and entrepreneurs. She is a multi-talented entrepreneur, food curator, chef, and influencer and making her mark in the food world.
Follow her on