This Father’s Day, show your father how much you truly appreciate him with two bottles of whiskey - one for drinking, and one to use in these delicious whiskey-soaked recipes.
• 4 parts Gentleman Jack
• 1 part lemon juice
• 1 ½ part simple syrup
• 2 dashes orange bitters
Shake all ingredients with ice, then strain into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a lemon.
Gentleman & Ginger
- 1 ½ parts Gentleman Jack
- 3 parts ginger beer /ale
- Squeeze of lime
- Garnish with lemon
Smoky Jack Burger
Serve the smoky jack burgers open-faced with cheddar cheese and bacon.
• 3 tablespoons of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
• 3 tablespoons of Worchester sauce
• 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
• 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
• 1 ½ points ground beef
• 6 slices cheese - optional
• 6 strips cooked bacon - option
• 6 buns or English muffins
1. Combine the Jack Daniel’s, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
2. Add three tablespoons of the sauce to the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
3. Blend well with your hands and form into 6 patties.
4. Sear the patties about 5-minutes per side over medium-high heat.
5. Baste both sides with the remaining sauce and grill until the burgers are cooked to your liking.
6. During the last minutes of cooking, top with cheese and bacon, both optional and lightly toast the buns or English muffins over medium heat.
Stillhouse Barbecue Sauce
This is a Lynchburg-style barbecue sauce - tangy with a good bit of vinegar, and sweet and spicy.
Brush some stillhouse on whatever you’re grilling near the end of cooking so the sugars will caramelise but not burn.
Everybody will want a little more Stillhouse, so have extra already warm on the table.
Makes about 2 ½ cups
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup grated onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup of jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, Jack Daniel’s, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Store in the refrigerator in a covered container.