Today is International Beer Day. This day is celebrated on the first Friday of every August founded in 2007 in Santa Cruz, California by Jesse Avshalomony.
To celebrate this day, we have asked master brewer of the Standeaven Brewery, Shaun Standeaven to share some tips on how you can get the most out of your brew today.
Below are Standeaven’s tips.
- Look after your beer, beer can be a sensitive product so it appreciates a little care with regards to its storage and handling. Best stored cold for at least 24 hours before serving.
- The right glass enhances your beer drinking process; you would be amazed the difference a clean glass and they right type of glass can make to your beer drinking pleasure.
- When visiting local breweries, don’t be scared to ask for tasters, rather find a beer you will enjoy instead of just buying the first one you see, most breweries are happy to give tasters as that way you find a beer you enjoy and you will more then likely come back for more.
- Don’t always just stick to what you know, be open to trying a new beer a new style. You never know you might end up finding a beer you really enjoy.
- Most of all just enjoy, beer is a social product so enjoy sharing a beer with friends, after a long day or just because you feel like a beer.