The Ghibli Bar at the Radisson Blu Hotel, in Riebeek Street, Cape Town, has a new zodiac cocktail orange, where there’s a drink for every star sign.
The Blu Mix-ology – The Zodiac cocktail List – was launched at the popular rooftop bar last Friday and it’s just in time for winter.
As the sun set on a stunning afternoon, the stars came out for the astrological-themed event,
where guests paired classic cocktails from around the world with their zodiac sign.
The event encouraged you to taste your star sign, with many tongue-in-cheek descriptions attached to the alcoholic beverages.
Here is the list of the star signs and their associated drinks
Aquarius - The Blu Mojito
- Bacardi white rum, mint leaves, Fabbri Blu Curacao, limes and simple syrup topped with soda.
Pisces – The Cosmopolitan
- Tito’s vodka, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and cranberry juice shaken together.
Aries -The Old Fashioned
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon, dashes of bitters and muddled brown sugar stirred together.
Taurus – The Cinnamon Espresso Martini
- Espresso, Kahlua, Tito’s vodka, Fabbri cinnamon, shaken together and served chilled.
Gemini – Violet French
- Wixworth gin, sparkling wine, Fabbri violet and lemon juice. C
Cancer – The Pina Colada
- Bacardi white rum, pineapple juice, Fabbri coconut syrup and pineapple syrup, blended together.
Leo – The Aperol Spritz
- Aperol, soda water, and sparkling wine served on ice.
Virgo – The Disaronno Sour
- Disaronno, lemon juice, Fabbri falernum and egg white, shaken together and served on the rocks.
Libra – The Martini
- Tito’s vodka or Wixworth gin, lemon or olive, shaken or stirred, and a touch of vermouth.
Scorpio - The Negroni
- Wixworth gin, Campari, Aperol and sweet vermouth, gently stirred.
Sagittarius - The Long Island
- Five white spirits shaken with lime juice and topped up with a splash of cola.
Capricorn – The Patron Mango Margarita
- Patron silver, lime juice, Fabbri triple sec, Fabbri mango shaken together and served on the rocks.
The Ghibli Bar is at 22 Riebeek St, Inside Radisson Blu, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town. The bar is open daily from 8 am to 10:30 pm. Phone (021) 467 4000