There’s little that can compare to heating up with a hot mug of the delicious golden liquid – infused with cinnamon, honey and cloves – while sitting around a fireplace with your best mates.
Though they are very different, apple juice or cider, honey and Tullamore D.E.W. actually have much in common, because we’ve combined the trio, and the result is wonderful.
Their colours are similar and each has its own fragrant aroma and uncompromising flavour.
The hot apple D.E.W. puts a fruity, citrus spin on the classic whiskey and stout combination, by using apple cider.
In these cold South African months, these ingredients mixed together dance a warm tango on the tongue.
The cloves, honey and Irish whiskey give this winter cocktail a “soothing” boost – perfect for those cosy days.
A hot apple D.E.W cocktail
- 60ml Tullamore D.E.W. Original
- 15ml Honey
- 30ml Apple juice / apple cider
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 Orange
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Star anise
- Add honey to a pre heated coffee mug/glass.
- Fill with hot apple juice / apple cider (if using cider reduce whiskey to 45ml).
- Still well and garnish with 2-3 clove studded range wheel, cinnamon stick and star anise.