The Black Cellar Club (BLACC) is to host its first premium wine and spirits festival in November.
South Africa’s first township, Langa, was chosen for the historic occasion and the Guga s’Thebe Arts & Culture Centre, making for the ideal address.
Says Aubrey Ngcungama, co-founder of the Black Cellar Club, which was founded in 2016
“The essence of BLACC is to bring South African wines to the greater population of African people who have yet to fully embrace the wine industry, while also encouraging the wine industry to embrace this influential demographic. Through the club’s sommeliers and wine stewards, hospitality workforce and influencers, BLACC has journeyed two short years to become known in the country’s corporate boardrooms and beyond”.
Opening doors and breaking boundaries, BLACC seeks to enhance the great work that already happens in the wine and hospitality industry. Through education, advocating responsible drinking and promoting excellence across the hospitality world, BLACC seeks to ensure that the South African world of wine is recognised for what it is, a world-class industry.
BLACC Fest X Langa is a continuation of this message, bringing South Africa’s finest wine estates and distilleries to the people. The township of Langa is a historic place in its own right.
A lively, boutique and classy affair, BLACC Fest X Langa will be the debut festival, paving the way for future occasions throughout South Africa in the near future. BLACC’s dream is to bring the wines of South Africa to the main market; to celebrate excellence and ensure a bright future for the country’s wine and spirits industry. BLACC Fest X Langa will be an opportunity for beginning to close the gap.
Need to know info on BLACC Fest X Langa:
- BLACC Fest X Langa takes place on the weekend of 10 & 11 November 2018
- Times: Saturday, 11h30 – 18h00 and Sunday, 11h30 – 17h00
- Venue: The Guga S’thebe Arts & Culture Centre, King Lalabelela Street, Langa
- Tickets are only available via Quicket and cost R220 per person per day.
- No under 18-year olds will be allowed access to the premises.
- The ticket price includes a souvenir BLACC wine glass and 10 x tasting coupons.
- Cash sales available to those that would like to sample more than the 10
- Wine sales at each stand will be available
- Street food by Jordan’s Way of Cooking and Boulevard 82
- Festive beats by the Abavuki Marimba Band, DJ Fosta and DJ Sebs