The sun is out and cocktail season is upon us. Tequila and rum are trendy spirits for cocktails right now. Tequila is a great spirit mixer, although many cocktail lovers forget this.
Often it's only ordered at the bar as a shooter and then not even considered as an option in any other variation.
Agave syrup is a great investment for your bar at home and for the kitchen.
When you're not using it in cocktails, it can be used as a syrup in almost all kinds of dishes, especially if you have a flavoured agave syrup like caramel.
Keep in mind that agave syrup is not recommended for people with fructose intolerance.
- 2 parts Olmeca Altos Plata
- 2 Parts fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 Part Lemon juice
- ½ part agave syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Frost the glass rim with salt and crushed pink peppercorns.
- Pour all the ingredients except the grapefruit juice into the glass.
- Mix using the ALTOS molinillo to dissolve the agave syrup.
- Fill the glass with ice and finish with the pink grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with half slice of pink grapefruit.