It is that time of year again when pubs and taverns all over the world create traditional green beer in celebration of St Patrick’s Day.
South African Brewery World of Beer will be hosting their annual beer tour in celebration of this Irish tradition in Johannesburg this week.
“From 13-19 March 2017, you’ll be able to sip on green Castle Draught in the Lion Bar during our fun and informative tour (don’t worry, it’s just a drop of food colouring),” says SAB World of Beer general manager, Tony Rubin.
This five star attraction, situated in the heart of Newtown, Johannesburg is open for tours from 10am-6pm daily.
Tours cost R115 per person and include two beers, a commemorative glass, and a guided tour.
“Just for luck, we are encouraging tour-goers to wear something green and join in on the fun,” said Rubin.
For those craving some hearty Irish dishes – savoury and sweet – can pop upstairs to the Taproom for:
- St Paddy’s stout pie with dipping gravy and potato wedges,
- Crispy pork belly with mashed cabbage potatoes and Irish Ale gravy,
- Irish Shepherd’s pie with Irish cabbage salad,
- St Patrick’s chocolate brownie trifle, and
- Apple berry crumble with Irish whiskey cream.
* To make your booking, contact SAB World of Beer on (011) 836 4900 or visit the website (www.worldofbeer.co.za) for more details.
Adapted from press release