The Gin Dock brings some of South Africa’s finest gins and African tonics to the V&A Waterfront for the summer, including a Mari Ocean Gin and artisanal offerings from Hope on Hopkins Distillery and Geometric Drinks Company.
What’s on offer?
* Expertly crafted gins with locally made, low-sugar, natural botanical tonics.
* Perfect martinis.
* Daily cocktail inspirations.
* Non-alcoholic, low sugar, natural botanical tonics are also available.
* R65 for double-craft G&Ts (a drink that will cost you R110 in Bree Street).
* R70 for craft gin cocktails.
* A calm part of the Waterfront with a beautiful view, great music and a chilled environment away from the shopping frenzy.
The Hope Negroni cocktail recipe by Raphael Cristini
* Full up your glass with ice then add:
*30ml Hope Gin
*30ml Red Vemouth
* Stir for 20 seconds, serve with and orange zest
* Thursday, January 4: Meet the maker. Jean-Baptiste Cristini of Geometric Drinks will be at the Gin Dock from 4pm promoting Geometric Gin and Symmetry Tonic.
* Wednesday, January 10: Meet the maker. Lucy and Leigh Beard of Hope on Hopkins will be at the Gin Dock from 4pm promoting The Hope Gin Range.
* Friday January 12: Gin and Juice Hip Hop Night at the Gin Dock.
* The Gin Dock pop-up bar will be open until the end of February 2018.
It’s at The Scheryn Pavilion, Bascule Bridge, V&A Waterfront.
Access from the Aquarium/Watershed/Food Market, walk towards the Cape Grace.
Connect with The Gin Dock on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thegindock/ and Facebook: The Gin Dock