- A General Access ticket includes a whisky tasting glass, 16 tasting vouchers and a bottle of Consol Still Water. 1- 4 vouchers are exchanged for a tasting. Vouchers are based on the retail value of the whisky and more vouchers are available for purchase.
- Visitors can taste two newcomers to the Durban Celebration, The International Award Winning Indian Single Malt; Paul John, crafted with barley from the foothills of the Himalayas combined with indigenous Indian ingredients from the bays of Goa offers a range of whiskies that are creamy; spicy; fruity and florally, and Douglas Laing which specialises in craft Scotch whiskies.
- A complimentary whisky cocktail care of our Water Partners Consol: for those new to whisky, these blended cocktails are a great ice breaker.
- Convenient ready to eat meals, soft drinks and coffee will be on sale at the onsite deli.
- The Whizzky App: this app allows users to find more information on any whisky by simply scanning the whisky label. Download the app before the Celebration, fill out the short questionnaire on the app at the event, and get five additional tasting vouchers loaded to your tasting card, absolutely free.
Hey whisky drinkers- The Whisky Live Celebration, in association with East Coast Radio kicks things off on Thursday until Saturday the 23rd at Sibaya Casino’s Sun Park.
Whisky Live has been running "on passion" for the past sixteen years.
Whisky Live PR and Social Media Guru, Charlotte Kearsey, says the event offers a range of whisky tastings all year round to suit every palate, from the "just curious newcomer to whisky", to the seasoned connoisseur.
Kearsey says about 20 000 people attend their events annually: "Whisky novices and connoisseurs alike can look forward to a wide range of whiskies to explore, whether it be a Scottish Single Malt or a blend, American or Irish whisky, Speyside or even perhaps something local and proudly South African”, said Kearsey."
Here's what to expect
If you want to be part of the experience, you can purchase your tickets at online at ticketpros.co.za starting from R220 per person and R245 at the door. Designated Driver tickets will cost R115 presale and at the door The fun starts at 6 pm.