The @WadeBales Wine & Malt Whisky Affair is still one of the best events. Unlimited awesome food and a huge selection of top wine and whisky. The thing I really like is that it's very limited tickets so you don't have to push through a crowd for each tasting 👌🏻 pic.twitter.com/kUSNT5mtJO
- Start simpleThere can be a penchant for going overboard when we hear the term unlimited, but to really savour and note the wines and whiskies that you are being offered, it’s perfectly acceptable to take your time.Wades and Bales Wine & Malt Whisky Affair give you three hours to make your way through the various offerings and with that in mind, it’s necessary to pace yourself.Every exhibitor will offer a different experience, and it’s useful noting which you like and which you don’t in case you want to o back to a particular exhibitor later in the night.
- Don’t jump between whisky and wineEnsure that your savour the wine, and when you’ve had your fill, then move on to the whisky. The whiskies offer a different experience and you miss out on the various notes and finishes in your drink if you cross over between the wines and the whiskies back and forth.
- Don’t forget to get something to nibbleWades and Bales Wine & Malt Whisky Affair have delectable selection of gourmet chesses, antipasti deli items and artisanal breads on offer throughout the evening, which not only act as enjoyable treat to prevent from getting too inebriated, but also can be used as excellent palate cleansers between wine and whiskies.
- Whisky’s and wines not to overwhelming for newcomersStandouts were Avondale, Creation and Simonsig whose selection of white wines and bubbly really made an impression.Bruichladdich’s Classic Laddie and the Glen Grant 10 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky made were a highlight.Whisky isn’t a drink for everyone, and it’s very easy to start at a whisky that could put a person off the drink, but these two whiskies were one’s worth having again
- Prepare for the half-time bellThe Half-Time bell is when the exhibitors bring out the extremely rare and limited editions of their wines and whiskies out for 15 minutes, and that is when you really have to move fast and revisit some of the wines and whiskies you like, as the rare editions of these offerings are truly special.You only have 15 minutes to try these limited editions which mean there is no time to dawdle.
- Don’t forget your walletWades and Bales Wine & Malt Whisky Affair allow you to find new and exciting wines to add to your collection at affordable prices.Why just get a taste of what’s on offer when you can take some of your favourite’s home with you too?
- End the night off with a glass of bubblyThe only way worth ending off such a night, is with a glass of MCC. Great conversation and a glass of bubbly to cap of a sophisticated and fun night, is always recommended.