It's not every day you get to wish a burger happy birthday but for the month of June you can say happy birthday to the #BigMac.
Believe it or not but the signature burger from McDonald's celebrates it's 50th birthday this month.
The iconic yellow arches first landed in SA in November 1995
On it's website McDonald's shares these facts about it's SA business:
- McDonald’s South Africa – key highlights
- McDonald’s opened its doors in South Africa in 1995
- Today, over 200 restaurants in all nine provinces across South Africa
- Serving over 8 million customers per month
- Employing over 10 000 people
- Voted Deloitte Best Company to Work for 2009,2010,2011
We are still some way behind the Americans though when it comes to our love for all things hamburger — in the USA about 50 billion burgers are eaten annually which rounded off is 3 burgers per person per week.
To celebrate the birthday of it's famous burger McDonald's SA have some star power on it's side
There is also a discount offer if you want to chow a Big Mac and celebrate, check out the hashtag #bigmacyourway for all the details.