Whether it’s scrambled eggs in bed, a homemade card, a piping-hot macchiato or a piece of jewellery – showing your mom that she’s the best there is only comes around once a year, so make 2018 count.
Co-founder Christopher Verster-Cohen from UCOOK says that relieving a parent of the day-to- day duty of food preparation is a big spoil!
In honour of Mother’s Day they have collaborated with Warwick Wines and one of SA’s top chefs on a once-in- a-lifetime box.
The box will include ingredients and easy-to- follow recipes for a 3-course lunch, some Warwick wines and a bouquet of Ludwig’s Roses.
UCOOK have asked chef Liam Tomlin (the creative mind behind the wildly popular Chef’s Warehouse and Thali restaurants) to create the menu for Mother’s Day this year.
Tomlin wanted to keep the dishes very simple so that people can reproduce them at home.
So what’s in the box?
Your choice of starter:
- Raclette with a selection of charcuterie
- Sweet corn & basil soup with guacamole and pitas
- Miso salmon with pickled cucumber
Your choice of a main:
- Mushroom Risotto with porcini & Parmesan
- Roast chicken with golden potatoes & a simple fresh herb salad
- Seared lamb rump steak Served with mango, tomato & cashew nut couscous
- Lemon Posset with berry coulis & pomegranates
- Warwick First Lady Sauvignon Blanc
- Warwick First Lady Cabernet Sauvignon
- Warwick Chardonnay Methode Cap Classique