Prep time: 30 minutes
Stove-top time: 25 minutes
Wonderbag time: 5 hours
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 9 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 375ml milk
- 5ml salt
- 1 jalapeño chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 450g chorizo or spicy lamb sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 200ml sliced green onions
- 500ml grated cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 250ml chunky salsa
- Grease a 5 to 6 litre pot with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place 3 tortillas in the base of the pot, tearing if needed to cover bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and chilli with a whisk.
- Top tortillas with ½ the sausage, 1/3 the bell pepper, green onions and cheese.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of the bell pepper, green onions and cheese.
- Pour the milk and egg mix over the tortillas.
- Cover with the lid and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes.
- Place the pot on a cloth or mat in the Wonderbag, seal and leave for 4 hours.
- Remove the pot from the bag and if you would like more colour, place under the grill until light golden.
Serve with salsa and avocado slices, if desired.
Great for brunch.