- 1 ½ cup Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 600g of chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons of Flora Gold
- 1 onion, halved and finely chopped
- 410g of canned tomato puree
- ½ cup of chicken stock (liquid)
- ½ cup of thickened cream
- Basmati rice to serve
- Coriander leaves to serve
Preparation (6 to 8 servings)
Place yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish.
Add chicken, stir to coat and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Heat the Flora Gold in a heavy-based saucepan over medium to high heat.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
Add chicken mixture to pan, cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour.
Add the tomato puree and chicken stock. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and the mixture has thickened slightly.
Stir in the cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.