Consumers are constantly looking for healthier ways to snack and according to Anna Klainbaum, food trend expert and writer, recipes for granola and oatmeal balls have become very popular.
These bite-sized snacks are traditionally made with peanut butter, oats or granola, seeds and honey.
They are often also packed with dried nuts, chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
These Pouyoukas energy bites are so easy to make. They are full of nutrients, protein, healthy carbs, fats and fibre, which help build lean muscle mass, boost energy and aid in weight maintenance.
This snack will give you a boost while keeping you full for the afternoon. They are a quick and convenient grab and go food and last the whole week in the fridge.
Pouyoukas energy bites
- 2½ cups Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
- ½ cup Pouyoukas pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons Pouyoukas sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup almond/peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Combine whole rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, raisins, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Stir in almond/peanut butter, honey and vanilla until soft dough forms.
- Moisten hands and roll dough into balls.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes to set, then serve or store in the fridge.