Avocado on toast just got bigger and better with this delicious pizza version of an old favourite.
- 1 large pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh coriander, chopped, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Flesh from 2 avocados, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salsa verde, for dipping (optional)
- Place a pizza stone or rimmed baking sheet on the middle oven rack; preheat to 200 degrees.
- Brush the surface of the pizza crust with the oil. Scatter the garlic and most of the chilli pepper slices (reserving a few for garnish) over the top, plus the chopped coriander and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Use a pizza peel or cake lifter to transfer the crust to the oven; bake (on the pizza stone or baking sheet) until the edges of the crust are browned and the garlic is very fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, then top with the sliced avocados, a sprinkling of lemon juice, the crushed red pepper flakes, the black pepper, the coriander leaves and the reserved chilli pepper slices.
- Drizzle with a little more oil, if desired.
- Cut into pieces and serve with the salsa verde, for dipping, if desired.