- 15ml + 15ml olive oil
- 4 thick chicken breast fillets
- 3ml paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g portabellini mushrooms
- 60g butter
- 15ml cake flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 250ml cream
- 80g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ bunch spinach, chopped
- milled black pepper
- 10ml lemon zest
- 30ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 15ml oil in a casserole and season each chicken breast with paprika.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3 – 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil and fry the garlic and mushrooms.
- Return the chicken breasts to the casserole and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan stir in the flour until it thickens.
- Whisk in the chicken stock, cream, half of the Parmesan cheese and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Return the casserole to the stove and pour the cream sauce over the top. Cover and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are tender.
- Add the spinach and let simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Season well with pepper, and add the lemon zest, parsley and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.