Serve this tender lamb with your favourite gravy and vegetables.
Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes.
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 10 cloves
- 10 bay leaves
- 1 whole large leg of lamb, bone in (about 2.2kg)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Put the lamb into a large roasting tin.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts in the lamb, about 1.5cm apart, all the way to the bone.
- Stuff 1 clove of garlic, clove and a bay leaf into each of the cuts.
- Rub the leg of lamb with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Add a cup of water into the tin.
- Cover the tin loosely with foil and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Put the meat on a platter, cover loosely with foil and leave in a warm place to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with gravy, roast potatoes or a selection of vegetables.