Vegetables are versatile, can be added to any meal and are important for daily consumption as they’re a vital source of nutrients.
Celebrate ‘Eat Your Vegetables Day’ and dish up this healthy mixed beans, chickpeas and avocado salad recipe!
Mixed Beans, Chickpeas and avocado salad
- 1 can (410g) KOO red kidney beans in brine, drained
- 1 can (410g) KOO butter beans in brine, drained
- 1 can (400g) KOO chickpeas in brine, drained
- 1 can (410g) KOO whole kernel corn in brine, drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 packet mixed salad greens (lettuce, cucumber)
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) crushed garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the beans, chickpeas, whole kernel corn, diced red pepper and red onion together.
- Layer salad greens and avocado on a serving platter and spoon the mixed bean mixture over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, refrigerate until needed.