4 x 200g portions of Norwegian Salmon
2 onions, roughly chopped
1 bunch asparagus
1 packet long stem broccoli
Additional butter for frying
2 cups brown rice puffs (can be found at the health section in most supermarkets)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 cup béarnaise sauce
1 packet micro herbs (can be found in the fridge section in most supermarkets)
½ cup almond flakes
- Cook the onions and butter over low heat till very soft and translucent. Place in a blender and blend till smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put some water in a pot and wait till water is boiling. Add the asparagus and broccoli. Cook for 5 min and remove from the water. Immediately place the vegetables in an ice bath to cool down and stop cooking.
- Place a pan on the stove on high heat, wait until the pan is smoking, season the salmon and place and place a nob of butter in the pan and immediately place the salmon meat side into the pan, fry for 6 minutes. Turn the fish around and fry for another 6 minutes on the skin side.
- Take the pan of the heat
- Place a clean pan on the heat with a nob of butter and fry the broccoli and asparagus for 5 minutes, season
- Smear the onion on the plate
- Place the broccoli and asparagus
- Place the salmon on top and pour a spoonful of the béarnaise sauce over the side of the fish
- Sprinkle with the almonds
- Sprinkle the rice puffs on the side of the fish
- Garnish with micro herbs
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For the béarnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir to coat. Stir in vinegar, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until vinegar is evaporated, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking shallots, stirring frequently, until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer shallot reduction to a small bowl and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, fill a blender with hot water to warm it; set aside. Melt remaining 1 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is foamy.
- Drain blender and dry well. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water in warm, dry blender. Pureģe mixture until smooth. Remove lid insert. With blender running, slowly pour in hot butter in a thin stream of droplets, discarding milk solids at bottom of measuring cup. Continue blending until a smooth, creamy sauce forms, 2-3 minutes. Pour sauce into a medium bowl. Stir in shallot reduction and tarragon and season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 hour ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.