TV and celebrity chef Jenny Morris has a new cookbook, entitled Yumcious.
This recipe has a secret fizzy ingredient that will ensure you bake a delicious, fluffy and light batch of scones
Makes 16 – 18
- 4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) Sprite
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C. Grease a baking tray with butter.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and stir in the cream and the Sprite, a little at a time.
- Make sure that the dough is not too sticky, but don’t let it get dry and crumbling either.
- Lightly flour a clean flat surface and press the dough out to form a rectangle.
- Using a 2.5 cm cutter, cut out rounds and place them onto the greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg, and bake the scones for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack and serve with whipped cream and strawberry jam.