Jenny and Reza's Fabulous Food academy is a culinary masterclass with giggling gourmet' Jenny Morris and spice prince Reza Mahammad.
With a light-hearted approach to cooking, and a world of experience to draw on, Jenny and Reza demonstrate that with guidance even the most inexperienced of chefs can produce dishes that will leave their diners demanding more.
This recipe will teach you how to prepare coconut and cucumber salad.
- 1 cup fresh coconut shavings
- 2 carrots shaved
- 1/2 English cucumber shaved
- 150g steamed baby beans chopped into 1/3 rds
- 3 spring onions with tops chopped
- 100g beans sprouts
- 1 tbls chopped mint
-2 tbls chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 chilli chopped
- tender centre of 1 stem of lemongrass chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
-1tbls fish sauce
-1 heaped tbls sugar
- 2 Bai Makrut leaves shredded kaffir
- lime leaves
- 2/2 sesame oil
1. Liquidize all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning, maybe adding more sugar, fish sauce or lime juice.
3. Place salad ingredients into bowl, pour dressing over and toss
4. Pile onto a platter and serve
Plating: Serve on a platter (Serves 4)
For more information click here