Jenny and Reza's Fabulous Food academy is a culinary masterclass with giggling gourmet' Jenny Morris and spice prince Reza Mahammad.
This recipe will teach you how to prepare a delicious offering of salt and pepper squid.
- 1kg squid tubes
- 3/4 cup potato flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil for frying
1. Slit the tubes down the one side to open it out, scrape out anything that looks like it should not be there, rinse under cold water and, pat dry.
2. Place on a flat surface and score the inside of the tube in a diamond pattern.
3. Now cut the squid into rectangles about 2,5cm.
4. Mix the potato flour with salt and pepper and cayenne pepper,
5. Toss the squid in the seasoned potato flour.
6. Shallow fry till golden
7. Remove and drain on paper towel
1. Serve on a platter with sweet chilli sauce and finely chopped spring onions
For more information click here www.foodnetwork.com