Mouth-watering sticky ribs prepared by J'Something from South African house music group Mi Casa.
I developed a easy sticky stout ribs recipe where no chef experience is required and the beastly snack ticks all the right boxes too, said J'Something.
See recipe below for those who would like to try it at home.
- 800g rack of pork ribs (or ribs of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ can castle milk stout
- salt & ground black pepper (for taste)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 4 tablespoon apricot chutney
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
This beastly snack ticks all the right boxes. PICTURE: Supplied
1. Combine vegetable oil, sesame seed oil, castle milk stout, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, chutney and tomato paste in a bowl to make the marinade and rub into the ribs.
2. Seal ribs and marinade in a plastic bag to marinade for as long as you can - remember the more it marinades, the better the flavour will be (marinade for a minimum of 3 hours).
3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 220°C.
4. Wrap ribs in a double layer of foil and place on a roasting tray in the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
5. After 50 minutes, open up foil and grill ribs for another 20 minutes until they go sticky and brown.
6. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Serves 2 to 3