Serves 4 -6
- 60ml flour
- 10ml paprika
- 800g chump chops
- 20ml + 10ml olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 15ml garlic paste
- 5ml chilli paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 80ml Staffords sticky meat marinade
- 250ml water
- 10-15ml Staffords gravy browning
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 30ml Staffords mint jelly
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Mix the flour and paprika together and coat the lamb in mixture.
- Heat 20ml oil in a pan and fry the lamb, in batches for 2 minutes each side until browned. Transfer the lamb to a casserole dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and chilli paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to the casserole and add the chopped tomatoes, sticky meat marinade, water and gravy browning and mix together.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 35 – 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Ten minutes before serving time stir in the mint jelly and the green beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with soft creamy polenta or mealie meal.