These frittatas can be served hot or cold and are super adaptable to suit your needs.
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 8 Medium Potatoes (720g) (with skin), scrubbed and sliced
- 1 Large Red Pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Handful of Chives (25g), chopped
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 Tbs. Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the potatoes, pepper and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes turning occasionally.
- Add the chives and continue to cook over a medium heat turning occasionally for a further 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and then gently transfer the potato mixture into the eggs and season.
- Add 1 Tbs. Olive Oil to the frying pan.
- When hot add the potato and eggs mixture.
- Cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is almost set.
- Place the frying pan under a preheated grill until the top is lightly golden.
Recipe courtesy of Potatoes SA