Rustic apple and blueberry pie
- 3 tbsp Fry’s Vanilla and Chia Kasha
- 1 cup apples, diced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
For the Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- To prepare the cashew cream, drain the water from the soaked cashews.
- In a blender, add the soaked cashews, water, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Adjust to suit your taste buds and desired consistency.
- Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge, and chill for a few hours to thicken.
- Move onto the Kasha mixture. Mix the Kasha, maple syrup, desiccated coconut, coconut flakes, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. The texture should be fine and slightly crumbly.
- In a small ramekin, place the diced apple and frozen blueberries in the Airfryer.
- Pour the Kasha mixture over the fruit.
- Bake at 185°C for 10 minutes.
Servings: 1 person.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serve the Deconstructed Apple and Blueberry Pie with fresh mint and cashew cream.